Thursday, 2 April 2015

The Wild Fig, Scarborough Beach.

My time in Australia is always filled with copious amounts of incredible food. I'm not even joking when I say 80% of my spending money is spent on food and cocktails alone, the other 20% is spent on clothes/makeup and club entry fees etc. The Fig restaurants are some of the best in Perth, there are three of them, Pickled Fig, Naked Fig, and Wild Fig.

The family and I went along to The Wild Fig on Scarborough Beach for lunch the other day, Scarborough doesn't really have many places that offer a wide range of fresh lunches, a lot of the places are beach cafes and kiosks serving greasy burgers and fried food. The exceptions are Grill'd, and The Wild Fig.

I eyed up the menu and was drawn to the steak sandwich, so I ordered it minus the beetroot. Now just look at that steak sandwich. Look at it. It was the best I've ever had, even better than Bar Galante's (which is part of Gaucho)!

My brother went for the open toastie, with ham, cheese, and avocado. It looked pretty great too and I had a teeny tiny bit of food envy!

Mum and Dad both had the szechwan fried squid with kale, and while mum wasn't a huge fan and said she'd had better squid elsewhere, Dad loved it!

The whole restaurant is really quirky and I loved it so much, the unique details like car headlights for lights, and various other knick-knacks dotted around made it feel really cool and unusual, with an old fashioned twist! The mismatched furniture reminded me of an antique shop, but in a really contemporary style.

Honestly I really loved The Wild Fig, even though it has really mixed reviews online I thought the service was quick, the food was great, and it cost about the same as having lunch at Dome (the Aussie version of Starbucks). It's also right on the waterfront (with a car park between the beach and cafe strip), so you get a decent view of the ocean.

I'd definitely recommend Wild Fig if you're after a typically 'Aussie' lunch and food choice, or if you're after something healthy, as they have some really great healthy dishes on the menu too.

Where have you had the best steak sandwich?!

Find me: Twitter | Youtube | Facebook | Bloglovin | Pinterest | Google+ | Instagram

The Wild Fig Cafe on Urbanspoon


  1. Aaaah so Dome is Australian! We have Dome in Kuala Lumpur too - I remember when it and Starbucks first came to Malaysia (I was in college) and they were the cool places to see and be seen. Should've known - the Aussies are the best at cafe culture and brunch.

    I'm loving the 'Fig series' restaurants - that open toastie is making me salivate and contemplating moving to Australia! All those coffees and sandwiches...mmmmmm. x

    Jasiminne | Posh, Broke, & Bored

    1. Yes! Dome is very Australian haha! I love it so much, they do awesome chips and iced chocs!

      I'm saving the last 'Fig' restaurant for when I go back next year ;)

      C x

  2. I just love these gorgeous little rustic places where the food is simple but just incredible. There are so many of those in Australia!
    Lots of love,

    SilverSpoon London

    1. Yes, that's what I love most about Australia, these small places that have incredible food to offer!

      C x

  3. Love the decor inside! Will have to pop in next time we're up that way :)

    hannah bee | australian lifestyle blog

    1. Definitely go and check it out, such yummy food!

      C x


© Lux Life - A Luxury Lifestyle Blog | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig