The Tropicana Club is the most famous cabaret show in the world. Since 1939 the dancers have been entertaining everyone from tourists to celebrities (Frank Sinatra was a regular!) under the starry moonlit sky of Havana. Despite hearing about how touristy it is these days, Ciara, Jasiminne and I knew we had to go just to see what all the fuss was about. It was breathtaking.
Sadly as we were quite late arriving we got the duff seats on the table (definitely arrive early to get the good seats!), but luckily we moved in the middle of the show to the front ones on our level as there was a spare table. We were given a glass of fizz each (most disgusting fizz I've ever tasted, no clue where they got it from), and a bottle of Havana Club Rum was placed in front of us along with 'rola cola' (Peter Kay reference) aka, Cuban coca-cola to mix with the rum.
Then the show began. The sound of drums filled the air, and the dancing started. The show lasted over two hours, and we were mesmerized the whole way through; beautiful brightly coloured costumes, incredible dancing and fabulous music, and not to mention the super attractive Cuban men and the women with bodies we can only dream of. I'm not sure my words will do the show justice, so I'm going to leave you with the photographs and a GIF towards the end...enjoy!
Tropicana Top Tips
- Get tickets when you get to Havana, they cost more if you pre-order online
- Get the mid-range 85CUC tickets
- Make sure you get there early for the best seats
- Don't have dinner there, it isn't worth the price
- Get a taxi, they're super cheap in Cuba and it's much easier
- Take a camera!
- Dress up, it will probably be one of your only chances to do so whilst in Cuba