I went straight to Katie's house after work, and she greeted me with a HUGE and very long hug...which resulted in us getting strange looks from passers by. We chatted and gossiped like we usually do, and then her little brother and sister came home from shopping with their parents. Annabelle is 5 and Samuel is 3. They are so gorgeous, and they made my day.
It was the smallest things they did that made me smile;
- Annabelle running up to me and giving me a big hug.
- Samuel seeing my red work jumper, his eyes going wide and him exclaiming 'OOH, RED!', before coming over and stroking it (his favourite colours is apparently red).
- Annabelle wanting me to help her make a necklace for her aunty and then calling her eggs 'naughty eggs' because they were taking so long to cook.
- Samuel wanting me to feed his bumble bee torch before he took each mouthful of his lunch.
- Annabelle singing to Katie and I, a song called 'K K K Katie' and then performing a play for us about a hat.
- Samuel bossing everyone around and being moody when no one would be quiet so he could sing his song.
It was an eventful and fun couple of hours, and made me feel much better after the rough couple of days I'd had. It's funny how being around young children brings back memories of when you were that age :)